Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cruise tale of wonder, in the Wonder of the Seas (II) Food

 




Because the world was in a city at the sea, the food was from all over the world, just like the guests. The Wonder of the Seas’ many dining establishments provided a wide range of complimentary and specialty dining options.

Boardwalk Dog House, Café Promenade, El Loco Fresh, Main Dining Room, Park Café, Solarium Bistro, Sorrento’s, Vitality Café, and the Windjammer are all in the complimentary.

The wind Jammer marketplace was my frequent place for food. The world was just there for you to explore, foodwise. Food tourism was available in various offerings. I can still remember the Caribbean night (on Tuesday of day 4) because of the rice and beans with the Oxtail stew I ate. Jesus! God bless the hands that cooked that meal.



For drinks, an iced tea and fruit punch drink combination accompanied most of my meals. The Indonesian woman, Ayu, saw that I received refills. I was never without a cup of coffee or a cup of tea, thanks to Monica from The Gambia. She was so nice; you couldn’t say no to her.

My adventure did not end at the Wind Jammer Restaurant. No! I visited other complimentary restaurants like the Main dining for Christmas dinner and the Solarium Bistro where the diverse array of food is a thrill.

The Solarium Bistro’s Mediterranean-inspired dinners were a delightful experience.

The Johnny Rockets was a venue for an American breakfast. Guests who craved for some Mexican dining experience visited El Loco. Just a sniff of the aroma when you pass through this dining venue will have you sit down and enjoy an experience with one of the cultural beauties of Mexico: food.

“A whole new experience with pasta at the Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen added to my cruise memories. I saw Italy through food.”, a guest told me.

The Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen is one of the specialty dining options.

Oh, have I mentioned Sorrento’s? Good Lord! The whole food tourism adventure started from there. Before the dinner of the day one at the Wind Jammer, right after I boarded the Wonder of The Seas ship of the Royal Caribbean International, I had some great slices of Pizza at the Sorrento’s restaurant… I have had pizzas before, but this very one was different and by far the nicest ever. It was a delightful combination with the lemonade I got from the Cafe Promenade–here; I had some cookies. I didn’t bother to ask for the name; the taste is to blame. Sorry!

Food tourism permeated this 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise experience.

The cruise tale of wonder is not limited to that, though. There’s more, too!



Post a Comment

0 Comments