Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

They don’t make songs like this anymore.

 



They don’t make songs like this anymore. Isn’t it sad? Everything now is just all about fame and money. The need to change lives or give life to songs is no more. We have killed off the quest for being creative. Matter of fact, a lot of good, no, great things are no more. Things that helped one to be better morally and helped one’s wellbeing. Like many of us today, music was that place I go to for some needful mental renewal when all is just not as it should be or how I should find it. Songs like this are the reason music was a destination where you can get hope and be whole again and have the strength to move on. Why? Because of its uplifting and timeless message. In the list of life-affirming songs, this song by Lee Ann Womack is validly a mention. The year 1996 was the time I knew life would not go the way my dad was hoping for me. It was the year I was seeing life as I should not as it is being defined or shown to me. However, it was that song I listen to when I want to think about my life, how it has been, how it is going, how it shouldn’t go the way it is going, and picture hope. Yes, I always ended up picturing hope. And in my pictures of hope, I see how I should move on: what I should do and what I should not do. Where I should go and should not go. Where I should be and should not be. What I should say and should not say. As a teenager heading to adulthood, my dad’s JVC radio was my company. Because it was a given, you would hear songs like this and get hope—when you get hope, you get life. And when you get life, hope in that life will fuel the hunger to inspire in you. Yes! Believe that!

It was not a song you listen to and dwell in your woes, no! It was a song that tells you not just to get the fuck up and keep moving, but also tells you how you are going to get the fuck up. That’s how powerfully inspiring this song is. However, this is what this song is to me. It can be something else to you and so many things to different people. That’s how powerful this song is. They just don’t make them like this anymore. 






By Godfrey Times

Post a Comment

0 Comments