Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cruise tale of wonder, in the Wonder of the Seas (III) Islands

 


Royal Caribbean International cruise island




Oh yes, there is more. To the wonder islands, away from food.

Day Two

We woke up to the most beautiful morning of the year. Perhaps, the most beautiful Christmas morning of our lives. A marvelous island surrounded by a happy and calm sea. From where I stood, right next to the Ultimate Abyss, I could tell it’s a glory of tourism.

I took in the beauty of Coco Cay (where I discovered the magic of a Perfect Day) from atop the Wonder of The Seas. Marvelous! It was almost like the best first thing to see on the morning of Christmas day. The waters of the sea moved like they were delighted the island was there, kissing it from all sides.

Then I came down to deck 3, making my way to the Gangway where I clocked out my Sea pass to take a tram to experience the Perfect Day Coco Cay Island. Here I saw the tallest waterslide in North America. The largest freshwater pool in the Bahamas. I was more than amazed seeing these larger-than-life thrills that ensure your thrill is a given.

I won’t leave out the helium balloon, the Splashaway Bay or Captain Jill’s Gallon.

“It is a wonderful paradise”, the cruise director told me in a travel chat.

Lest I forget, I need to say this: Christmas Trees!!! Like the one inside the Wonder of the Seas, the Christmas Tree in Perfect Day Coco Cay Island was tall and beautiful. The beauty soothed the celebration of the day.


From a Christmas Day I will never forget to a cruise experience of glorious wonder.

Cruise, cruise!! cruise!!! Day three

The adventure at sea was rocking, stable and peaceful.

The Wonder of The Seas moved like it owned the sea. During the day, the sea around the ship is gorgeous. The beauty is a wonder. At night, you see nothing! Only the white splashes of waters from the movement of the ship. The comfort of the staterooms, the highlights, dining experiences, bars & lounges, 29 amenities and the adventure world inside the Wonder of The Seas is a marvelous wonder. A city at sea, they call it. We were in a wonder exploring the wonders of the Eastern Caribbean. Sometimes I forgot I was on a ship, let alone being on the sea. Sleep was an experience of its own, thanks to the magnificent comfort of the stateroom.

From the seas of the Bahamas to the shores of the US Virgin Islands, Day four.


Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas, a harbor of charms was the next Island. The blue waters peppered with sailboats. From the ship I could see the green hills dotted with quaint little cottages… I would say it is one of the world’s most beautiful harbors, that I dare to say after my experience with its charm. If it is not, as a travel writer, I certify it as one. Lol!

7-Nights Eastern Caribbean Christmas Vacation




7-Nights Eastern Caribbean Christmas Vacation



I could not go beyond the port because of my admiration for it. The sky over the island was beautifully blue with shades of white clouds (its glories). The sun gave us a gift of its strength, shining down on us, the trees take in its brightness basking in the breeze’s beauty. Guests of the Wonder of The Seas enjoyed the amazing atmosphere of the US Virgin Island with some sitting and chilling, others buying something or just taking a walk around the harbor, like me.

7-Nights Eastern Caribbean Christmas Vacation


7-Nights Eastern Caribbean Christmas Vacation




Some guests who went into the Island excitingly talked about their journey into the past through a visit to the St. Thomas Synagogue and Frederick Lutheran Church.

“You wouldn’t believe the excitement tourism can give you until you visit the Blackbeard’s castle built in 1679 and see the world’s largest collection of life-sized pirate statues.”, a guest told me.

One thing my lust for the charm of the harbor caused me was an adventure on the Cable Cars. On the Royal Caribbean app, I reserved it. I had hoped to snag an ultimate panoramic selfie on it. I am happy though.

Oh, just in case you are hoping to visit St Thomas, the currency there is the US dollars and the national language is the English language.


Day five. Still in the US Virgin Islands.


7-Nights Eastern Caribbean Christmas Vacation


7-Nights Eastern Caribbean Christmas Vacation




The breathtaking coastline of Philipsburg, St. Maarten was also a moment. Now every island has its breeze, sun and scenery. And this crossroad of the Caribbeans showcases its own with great pride, ensuring port adventure is a delight.

Historical insights on the port add to the thrills of the adventure on the St. Maarten Island.

However, there are adventures on the island. Yes.

From the soft white sands, towering palms, and blue waters of Mullet Bay Beach experience, a scenic tour of the natural landscape of Philipsburg, to an ecological adventure at the Saint Maarten Nature Reserve, an experience with paradise and a refreshing dip from the Caribbean waters is a given. Oh! There is more, the open top double-decker sightseeing adventure.

“It was my peak of the adventure here on the Philipsburg, St Maarten”, a guest of the Wonder of The Seas ship of the Royal Caribbean International told me.

“The unique views and fresh breeze and the picture opportunities were just the beginning. Little did I know.” She added.

“Can you imagine having a rum cake or a Gelato made with rum?” another guest asked me while sharing her experience at the Toppers Rum Distillery in St Maarten.

There’s a lot of adventures on this island that is governed by two countries: the Netherlands and France.



Post a Comment

0 Comments